Partager :

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

il y a 5 ans 10 mois #4077 par Alexander Goel
Hopefully people are putting extensions on Simplifier: simplifier.net/ui/organization/canadianfhirregistry

This is a useful extension!

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 5 ans 10 mois #4076 par Shamil Nizamov
Hi all,

Do we have Canadian extension repository, similar to Canadian URI registry, and if not, do we need one?

For example, in one of our FHIR projects, we need to define the First Nations Reserve information. I’m wondering if other provinces use something similar, please share in this case; and if not, are you interested in (re)using such extension?

Currently the extension looks like this:
"_addressReserveAdministeredBy": {
              "extension": [
                {
                  "url": "https://ehealthbc.ca/API/FHIR/StructureDefinition/ca-bc-extension-address-reserve-administered-by",
                  "valueCodeableConcept": {
                    "coding": [
                      {
                        "system": "[id-system-local-base]/firstNationBandReserveCode",
                        "code": "684 ",
                        "text": "Adams Lake"
                      }
                    ]
                  }
                }
              ]
            }

@Igor: The other question is what URI to use as a unique identifier of the First Nations Band codeset, i.e. - [id-system-local-base]/firstNationBandReserveCode ?

il y a 5 ans 11 mois #4055 par Igor Sirkovich
Randy, I'm glad to see you back. We had assigned an URI fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-service-provider-id to HSPID a few weeks ago (it was posted on this forum for comments back then) and I just wanted to confirm that this URI is fine with you.

Harsh, I think we should assign an URI to MINC, but we cannot mandate the use of MINC and the reality is that so far, it's rarely been used by eHealth projects across Canadian jurisdictions.

Ken, I'm not convinced we should stick to the colleges' definitions. I would rather reflect in the URI name the real meaning of these URIs to FHIR consuming systems. Also, colleges might change their definitions over time, but we would need to keep these URIs stable unless the numbering system changes as well.

il y a 5 ans 11 mois #4054 par Randy Nonay
Hi all,
I'm back after a 3 month absence. Sorry for not being able to participate...

In Alberta, we use the term "License Number" or more completely "College License Number" for the various college's licenses. We also have "Health Service Provider Identifier" (HSPID) which is a number assigned " to each person of interest to the health industry, irrespective of their health service role."

So in keeping with the discussion, I'd think that using eg. "ca-ab-license-occupational-therapist" would be the expected URI for our license numbers, and "ca-ab-Identifier-health-service-provider" for our HSPID.

I'm not sure using MINC is viable because I don't think we record this at present in Alberta Provider registry. (I'll have to confirm this). Maybe as a future alternate identifier, but I wouldn't use it as the main identifier in Alberta (yet). One problem I see with MINC is that it conveys no information at all about a persons' currently active license(s). Most usage we have is concerned with the license being active, and that the person is allowed to perform the service.

Randy

il y a 5 ans 11 mois #4053 par Harsh Sharma
Hello,

I agree with Igor. We should look at this from a consumer of information standpoint.

In Canada, based on the jurisdiction, the identifiers could be managed differently with provincial customization. In order to achieve a semantic standardization, Can we use Medical Identification Number for Canada (MINC) instead of License #/Registration # ?

Reason: Its a unique identifier assigned to every individual entering the Canadian medical education or practice system. An individual's MINC will not change throughout their entire medical career. It stays the same if they leave Canada and return, or move between Canadian jurisdiction, or change registration status. Even after they pass away, an individual's MINC will not be reassigned.

Sample: CAMD-1234-5679

CA - Canada
MD - MD for Physicians
Next 7 digit serial number with no encoding info.
8th digit is a Check digit.

Thanks so much!
Harsh

il y a 5 ans 11 mois #4052 par Ken Sinn
Réponse de Ken Sinn sur le sujet Solution Architecture work stream
Under the Ontario Regulated Health Professions Act (1991), members are licensed for the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, CPSO, College of Optometrists, and Ontario College of Pharmacists.

Since then, other colleges have members that are registered under their respective acts, e.g. members are registered to the College of Chiropodists under the Chiropody Act, College of Massage Therapists under the Drugless Practitioners Act, College of Psychologists under the Psychologists Registration Act.

I think the general idea of "licenced" providers is because we usually focus on members of the CPSO, who are traditionally licenced. That said, for the purposes of URIs, we should really use the official terminology from each Ontario college, as they are the authoritative source. We can add "licensed/registered" within the description for clarity, but we should defer to the legal definitions.

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.