Partager :

Le contenu créé par les communautés et les groupes de travail est accessible dans la version originale seulement.

Sex and Gender


Canadians working together to modernize Canada’s sex and gender information practices in digital health.
Membres: 102
Personne-ressource: Andrea MacLean
Type: Ouvert
Accès: Public
Canadians working together to modernize Canada’s sex and gender information practices in digital health.

À propos de nous

Infoway Sex and Gender Working Group

Infoway's Sex-Gender Working Group (SGWG) has been convening since 2019 to modernize gender, sex and sexual orientation (GSSO) information practices in Canada. Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 12 ET / 9 PT for one hour.

The SGWG was established in late 2019 with the support and participation of Canada Health Infoway, CIHI, CHIMA, the University of Victoria and many others. Since then, we have grown to well over 100 registrants who continue this work through regular collaboration, research and discussion.

In early 2021, the SGWG produced "A Proposed Action Plan to Modernize Gender, Sex and Sexual Orientation Practices in Canadian EHRs" which lists seven primary aims, and form the foundation for this ongoing work.

Bring your knowledge and experience to this working group to develop an implementation strategy to modernize sex and gender information practices in EHR systems in Canada.

Additional details:

  • Meeting notes and documentation can be found in the Documents folder.
  • Registration is required for this working group, and registration is valid for all future sessions.
  • A draft agenda will be posted to the group forum about five days in advance of the meeting.
  • Please register for an InfoCentral account and subscribe to receive notifications.

If you are interested or have experience in health terminologies and code systems, feel free to contribute to the GSSO Terminology Workstream (requires registration). For those interested in messaging standards, consider joining the HL7 International Gender Harmony Project.

*Note: Group icon represents different sex and gender identities but is not inclusive.

Activité

Joan Harper a répondu au cours d'une discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

Hi Micah, The session is scheduled for today at 12pm ET. As noted in the announcement, the session will not be recorded. Best Regards, Joanie Harper

Micah Davison a répondu au cours d'une discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

Hi Joan, Was there any recording of this session? Unfortunately I missed it, but would be great to watch back if it is available. Thanks, Micah

Micah Davison s'est joint(e) à un groupe

Sex and Gender Logo
Canadians working together to modernize Canada’s sex and gender information practices in digital health.

Joan Harper a lancé une nouvelle discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

We have just scheduled a meeting for Monday October 3rd at 12pm ET. The purpose of this session will be to provide information about the HL7 Ballot, the ballot process, ballot content, and how to comment. We will provide an overview of support materials prepared. This session will NOT be recorded and the names of participants will not be released by Infoway to ensure confidentiality. However, registration will be required and participants who wish to remain anonymous will need to ensure their display name during the session is changed appropriately. Please register for this meeting at: https://infoway-inforoute.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqdeyppz8rHNx5hPoTmbfumjI_2gLvj8Tl

Joan Harper a répondu au cours d'une discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

Hi Shannon, Issue with the Gender Identity value set: Rob McClure, after being made aware of the issue, did an update. The update cannot be seen in the ballot however, there is an area called the CI Build, or Continuous Integration Build, where up to the minute changes can be seen. From Rob M. on Zulip We have found that the ballot did not expand the Gender Identity value set due to linking issues with VSAC. In addition that value set is missing a concept for nonbinary gender identity because VSAC has not updated the SNOMED CT code system. We have updated the FHIR core CI build to align with the recommend change so that you all can see the intended value set as it is proposed. That link is http://build.fhir.org/valueset-gender-identity.html. Hopefully this helps. Best Regards, Joanie

Joan Harper a répondu au cours d'une discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

Hi Kelly, I am available on both Oct 3 and Oct 5 for a session. I would be happy to do something together. Joanie

Lindsay MacNeil a répondu au cours d'une discussion dans le groupe Sex and Gender

Thanks Kelly! I'm available both Oct 3 from 9-11 PT and Oct 5 9-11 PT. Happy to have others join. Lindsay

Événements



Événements à venir :

Mar Oct 25 @12:00PM - 01:00PM
Sex-Gender Working Group
Mar Nov 22 @12:00PM - 01:00PM
Sex-Gender Working Group

Forum

HL7 Gender Harmony Ballot Information Session 10/03/22

Hi Micah, The session is scheduled for today at 12pm ET. As noted in the announcement, the session will not be recorded. Best Regards, Joanie Harper

HL7 Gender Harmony Ballot Information Session 10/02/22

Hi Joan, Was there any recording of this session? Unfortunately I missed it, but would be great to watch back if it is available. Thanks, Micah

HL7 Gender Harmony Ballot Information Session 09/29/22

We have just scheduled a meeting for Monday October 3rd at 12pm ET. The purpose of this session will be to provide information about the HL7 Ballot, the ballot process, ballot content, and how to comment. We will provide an overview of support mat...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/29/22

Hi Shannon, Issue with the Gender Identity value set: Rob McClure, after being made aware of the issue, did an update. The update cannot be seen in the ballot however, there is an area called the CI Build, or Continuous Integration Build, where...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/28/22

Hi Kelly, I am available on both Oct 3 and Oct 5 for a session. I would be happy to do something together. Joanie

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/28/22

Thanks Kelly! I'm available both Oct 3 from 9-11 PT and Oct 5 9-11 PT. Happy to have others join. Lindsay

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Thank you Joan! I will go ahead and create an account for UMLS Terminology Services as you've suggested. In the meantime, if anyone has the value set for Gender Identity and could share it with me, that would be great. I know that the value set is in...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Hi Lindsay! Thank you for this question. I think that a very reasonable request would be to hold a meeting next week to go through the process and walkthrough some of the directions/documents together. @joanharper, is this something we could do to...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Hi Kelly! Is there anyone that could have a conversation with me about the areas that need feedback? To be honest, I find the instructions confusing and it is unclear to me how all the different elements are intended to work together in practice. Is...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Hi Shannon, The only way that I can see is by creating an account for the UMLS Terminology Services that is part of the NIH National Library of Medicine. Once you sign up, NLM will contact you within 3 business days with more information on how...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Thanks Joan! Will do. In the meantime, is there somewhere that I can access the value set for Gender Identity? Thank you! Shannon O'Connor Program Consultant, Data Standards Canadian Institute for Health Information

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Hi Shannon, This issue should be entered as a comment on the spreadsheet for the FHIR ballot so that the authors can address it as part of their ballot reconciliation. Best Regards, Joanie

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/27/22

Thanks Joan and Kelly! I can't seem to access the value set for gender identity at the link that Joan has provided to the FHIR specification below. Under Section 4.4.1.478.2 Expansion, it states that the value set could not be expanded by the publica...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/26/22

Hi Shannon, Those terminologies are being balloted as part of the Out-of-Cycle ballot that is currently underway however, those terminologies are part of the FHIR R5 specification. The links to each terminology page are: - Gender Identitiy...

Discussion Thread for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide 09/26/22

Hi Shannon. Thank you for your question. Yes, the content in the R1 document were balloted in 2021. However, since they are included as an appendix, please add any comments you have to your ballot comment document (or this thread), along with referen...

Documents

Cliquez sur « Gérer des documents » pour :

  • voir la liste complète des documents ou les dossiers regroupant les documents
  • téléverser un nouveau document

N. B. : Les membres des groupes ne sont actuellement pas avisés de l'ajout d'un nouveau document. Pour aviser d'autres membres, vous devez en afficher l'adresse électronique dans le forum. (La fonction d'avis de téléversement des nouveaux documents est en préparation.)

Gérer des documents Vous devez peut-être ouvrir une session et/ou être déjà membre du groupe pour accéder à ce contenu.

2020 Sessions ( 0 Document )

2021 Sessions ( 0 Document )

2022 Sessions ( 0 Document )

Action Plan ( 1 Document )

ISO Documents ( 0 Document )

This folder holds working and in-progress research and documentation which outlines outdated GSSO content that is considered harmful.

MSFHR REACH Project ( 0 Document )

Working Documents ( 0 Document )

Vidéo

Ce groupe n'a pas de video.

Membres

Andrea MacLean
Photo de Andrea MacLean
Canada Health Infoway
Déconnecté(e)
Personne-ressource
Kelly Davison
Photo de Kelly Davison
University of Victoria
Connecté(e)
Admin
Karen Courtney
Photo de Karen Courtney
University of Victoria
Déconnecté(e)
Admin
Linda Monico
Photo de Linda Monico
Canada Health Infoway
Connecté(e)
Admin
Francis Lau
Photo de Francis Lau
University of Victoria
Déconnecté(e)
Admin
Micah Davison
Photo de Micah Davison
Te Whatu Ora
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Katherine Whitelock
Photo de Katherine Whitelock
n/a
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Anne Forsyth
Photo de Anne Forsyth
CIHI
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Ron Parker
Photo de Ron Parker
Parker Digital Health Consulting Inc.
Connecté(e)
Membre
Kareen Mowatt-Degouth
Photo de Kareen Mowatt-Degouth
-
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Shannon O'Connor
Photo de Shannon O'Connor
Canadian Institute for Health Information
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Mina Karmali
Photo de Mina Karmali
AHS
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Janine Kaye
Photo de Janine Kaye
Canadian Institute for Health Information
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Maureen Kelly
Photo de Maureen Kelly
Canadian Institute for Health Information
Déconnecté(e)
Membre
Alyssa Bryan
Photo de Alyssa Bryan
Canadian Institute for Health Information
Déconnecté(e)
Membre

Dernier message Twitter

Le 6 octobre, nous organisons un webinaire pour parler de nos récents travaux visant à faire progresser l'interopér… https://t.co/cnkmElPF0U

par Inforoute,

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

 

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.



Login Register