SNOMED CT Agreements
If you have an Infoway account and accept the SNOMED CT® license agreements annually, you may:
- review SNOMED CT for the purposes of personal study to help increase your understanding,
- submit a Request for Change and participate in standards-related discussions,
- incorporate, distribute and use SNOMED CT in products,
- develop an operating information systems with SNOMED CT, or
- create extensions or derivatives of a national or international release such as cross-maps and subsets and for research purposes,
There are two agreements you have to accept prior to getting access to SNOMED CT material.
- SNOMED CT Affiliate Agreement EN & FR, January 2020
- SNOMED CT Canadian National License Agreement EN & FR, January 2017
|SNOMED International Specific Conditions
||Sharing with non-Member Countries
As an Affiliate Licensee you can allow the International Release of SNOMED CT to be used in other countries that are NOT SNOMED International Members. However, prior to use in the non-Member country you are required to notify SNOMED International and Infoway. You are also required to:
- Submit an annual report of usage in non-Member countries
- Itemizing hospitals & practices in each non-Member country
- Indicating uses that need agreement on fees
- Pay fees to SNOMED International for usage in non-Member countries
- At rates appropriate for each non-Member country and the numbers of hospitals and practices where SNOMED CT is used
||Applications to Waive Fees
||Providing Browsers and Related Services
SNOMED International has outlined conditions for any Affiliate that provides publically available SNOMED CT Browsers and Related Services. The Affiliate must require users to accept a sublicense either:
- Each time they use the browser or;
- When they create an account that gives them a login for access.
SNOMED International strongly recommends a sublicense that:
- Does not permit the use of a browser to support data entry or other types of use that are subject to reporting and fees in non-Member countries.
- Makes clear that if these tools are used for purposes other than general exploration, the user must register as an Affiliate and fulfill all obligations including reporting and fee payments.
||Use of the Canadian National Release
The Canadian National Release of SNOMED CT, the SNOMED CT CA Edition, can only be used by those that have accepted the Canadian National License Agreement.
||Translations of SNOMED CT
Under license agreement with SNOMED International, Canada Health Infoway, as a Member country, has the right to translate the SNOMED CT International Release.