Partager :

file SGWG July 26 Meeting (9 PT/12 ET)

il y a 1 an 9 mois #7959 par Karen Courtney
Greetings!

This is a gentle reminder of our regularly scheduled meeting next week (Tuesday, July 26th @ 9 am Pacific/Noon Eastern) for the Sex and Gender Working Group. If it has been a while since you've last attended (before June 2022), you may find that you need to re-register. The link for re-registration is including below:

Re-registration Link

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Emily Sharples from Ottawa Hospital will be presenting at our meeting on "Translating Knowledge into Respectful Practice".

Following our last meeting, there was quite a bit of discussion about our discussion. Re-incorporating ground rules for our discussions is important in order to respect the diverse expertise (lived experience, standards, health policy, and clinical services) within our group. Serena has suggested some basic rules (included below) for us for our July meeting. After the presentation, we will spend some time creating our group discussion norms for subsequent meetings.

Express disagreement with ideas not personalities
Share airtime
Stay on topic - connect to what others have said
Understand & learn from each other
We are all equal. Leave rank at the door
Listen respectfully especially when you disagree. Acknowledge you have heard the others
Look for common ground
Identify & test assumptions

Karen L. has also shared a link, which I'm including here . If you haven't had a chance to view it, I would encourage you to do so before our meeting.

Understanding Privilege Link

In August, in lieu of a speaker, we will discuss the work we'd like to accomplish together as a group and plan for how best to make that happen.

I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Thanks,
Karen

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.