Partager :

file Extracting information from SNOMED CT RF2 files

il y a 2 ans 6 mois #7202 par Anibal Jodorcovsky
Hi all,

I want to ask the community at large as to how you're dealing with the ever increasing RF2 files from SNOMED CT.

I have a few SQL queries that I'm running through MS Access to extract information from the SNOMED CT Canadian Edition.

In particular, I have 3 queries:

1. Extract FSN in English
2. Extract synonyms in English and mark the preferred one
3. Extract synonyms in French and extract the preferred one

So, the users give me a list (the input) of SNOMED CT Concept IDs and then I have to extract the lists to match the 3 requests above.

If you want to see what they look like on a screen, please take a look at the images (screenshots) here:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/176HZsZHbdHdEk3GyI6206J2UoYAYf4v-

CreationListe.jpg: This shows the input list on columns Code, Valeurs, and then the output in Affichage (Anglais) and Affichage (Francais). These last two columns extract the FSNs in English/French for the ID given.

SynonymEnglish.jpg: This shows the input list on columns Source, Code, and Valeurs, and the last two columns would be the output: Synonym, and Preferred flag.

SynonymFrench.jpg: basically the same as SynonymEnglish.jpg but for French.

In order to accomplish this I'm doing several SQL queries using the Description and Refset files. The issue is that MS Access is sloooowww, and very finicky, so when a new version of SNOMED CT is available, it's a pain to upload these new files to MS Access.

I wanted to ask the community reading this forum, if they do operations/extractions like the ones I'm doing here, and how are you doing that? Prior to creating these MS Access SQL queries, our team would go into the SNOMED CT web browser and copy/paste the code and then find the FSN, the synonyms and then copy/paste from the browser into their Excel list. So, this new MS Access tool is MUCH BETTER for them, but as I mentioned, slow and not easy to maintain.

I want to know if somebody out there is using some other tools for managing and extracting info from the RF2 files.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoNaomi BrooksHelen Wu

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.