Partager :

file IPS, and IMR, and CCG, oh my!

il y a 2 ans 6 mois #7178 par Michael Nusbaum
Bonjour Derek! I trust you are enjoying your latest adventure living in Paris (FRA)... how exciting!

Thanks for the updates, and for the invitation to comment. I'd like to provide some further context on the IPS work, and the role of the "tracker" referenced below.

As many of you know, I participate alongside an austere group of IPS experts, representing 5 international SDO's that have together produced a suite of artifacts that provide IPS specification, implementation support, and conformity assessment process and tooling. This unprecedented collaboration continues in bi-weekly meetings that address maintenance and growth of the artifacts. As expected, the SDO's are keenly interested in how IPS is being implemented world-wide, primarily to obtain feedback and suggestions on how the various artifacts can be improved. The "tracker", actually more of an "implementation register", provides a central place where implementation projects/initiatives can be identified across the globe.

I've created the implementation register on behalf of the xSDO IPS team, and have populated it with 2 initiatives that I'm aware of in Canada. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and I would encourage any of you familiar with other Canadian IPS initiatives to contribute to the list. Note that the information reported is intentionally limited to that which is publicly available, or reproduced with the permission of the "project owners". The intent of the implementation register is to inform the SDO's on how IPS implementations are progressing world-wide, and how our collaboration can be further extended into an implementation community.

I welcome your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve this process!!

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 2 ans 6 mois #7177 par Derek Ritz
Hi IHE colleagues -- and sorry for the prolonged radio silence. I hope everyone is safe and well and enjoying a good autumn. B)

There is IHE related news about three topics that I believe will be of interest to our community. Thing one is the International Patient Summary (IPS). As many have likely noted, the IPS has been in the news, lately, including a reference-by-name at the last G7 summit in the UK (clause 38 in the official communique, here ). There has been a lot of progress, of late, and IPS is enjoying uptake in international contexts (e.g. the WHO Digital Documentation of COVID Certificates, DDCC , initiative) and in domestic projects. Our own Mike Nusbaum, who was one of the co-chairs of IHE's profiling of IPS, has launched an international IPS tracker . Please -- for any community members who might have updates or news re: their IPS projects, do update this resource. It is being leveraged by the cross-SDO IPS working group to help drive their ongoing work.

In a bit of a cross-post, there is also news from our Enterprise Imaging teammates. Longtime IHE stalwart, Dave Kwan, shared news about the new Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR) profile that is making its way through IHE's governance processes as a work item in the Radiology technical committee. Information about this exciting new specification can be found here . For any of us that are tracking the adoption of AI in healthcare, this is a big deal -- and we wish Dave and Kinson Ho good success in their work to progress this important effort.

Thing three relates to the upcoming FHIR North event. There will be a number of IHE-related presentations at this year's conference. One in particular, that is especially timely, relates to the IHE Computable Care Guidelines (CCG) profile that has been slowing winding its way through the HL7 CPG-on-FHIR and IHE QRPH technical committees as an IHE-HL7 Gemini project. Why is it timely? The Ontario MOH recently issued an RFP related to computable care guidelines and how they may be leveraged to help systemically increase adoption of evidence-based care. Alex Goel and I will be presenting on this topic and Alex will be demonstrating new open source tools that support conformant guideline development and the overlaying of guideline adoption on top of any SMART-enabled EMR.

Please, if there are questions or feedback related to these topics, do comment on the thread and Mike, Dave, Kinson, or Alex can add clarifying (or correcting) responses as necessary. :cheer:

Stay safe and well, everybody.
Derek

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.