Partager :

check Webinar: IHE Structured Data Capture on FHIR

il y a 4 ans 6 mois - il y a 4 ans 6 mois #5390 par Alexander Goel
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for such a great turn out, and excellent questions. You can find resources shown in the demo here: github.com/goelalex/SDC-on-FHIR

And the deck here: IHE SDC on FHIR Oct 9, 2019

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Appreciatively,
Alex and Joel
Dernière édition: il y a 4 ans 6 mois par Alexander Goel.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 4 ans 6 mois #5389 par Derek Ritz
WOW! We had 65 attendees at our webinar, today (including many guests from outside our IHE Canada and HL7 Canada communities).

Many thanks to Alex Goel and Joel Francis for a fascinating and so-well-delivered webinar. Our Q&A was equally engaging with excellent questions and comments from a broad range of participants.

There is a bit of not-great news, however. Due to the slings and arrows of outrageous Zoom technical issues -- my local meeting recording failed to properly save. So... please can I ask Alex and Joel to attach their respective PPT decks to this thread, and if either have a the ability to upload a screen capture of their demo(s), please add those, too.

To try to convey some of the gist, following are notes I made during the Q&A portion:
  • RobD asked why FHIR Questionnaire and QuestionnaireResponse weren't used (i.e. FHIR SDC) instead of IHE SDC. The quick answer (from Alex) is that there has already been wide adoption of the IHE SDC Profile (IHE Profile = conformance-testable Implementation Guide) and this FHIR interface proof-of-concept is intended to show how content from these implementations might be persisted to a FHIR server back end. The longer answer (with comments from Peter O'Toole, Ken Sinn and Ed Hammond) reflects that such cross-technology-stack collaborations speak to the greater promise of health data interoperability and the hope that, at some future time, these "patterns" might be consistently operationalized by multiple data capture toolsets that can all share interoperable content on the back end.
  • Janice Spence asked specifically about the FHIR ConceptMap resource and the ways it may be employed. Joel and Alex described how the CAP-specific codes could be mapped to SNOMED (and other) codes and called out some work being done at U. Nebraska by Scott Campbell's team to put together exactly such a map. Scott himself added further background related to the origins of the CAP codes (they were originally needed b/c SNOMED was not, in the early years, precise enough to capture the necessary clinical detail) and spoke to the importance of the current CAP-SNOMED code mapping effort to better support longitudinal analyses that could need to incorporate content from multiple specialties' code sets.
Please -- if others have notes or comments which can augment these high-level ones -- do add them to the thread, too. I'm very unhappy to not have the full meeting recording, but I don't want that to at all diminish that we should celebrate such an excellent topic presentation and such a wonderful cross-community collaboration.

Thanks again to Alex and Joel! :cheer:

il y a 4 ans 7 mois #5370 par Derek Ritz
infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/news-events/event-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2019/10/09/3133/-/ihe-structured-data-capture-on-fhir

Hi all -- please note that we're hosting a joint HL7-IHE-FHIR webinar on Wednesday, Oct 9 from 1-2pm ET. The presentation will introduce proof-of-concept work that has been undertaken jointly by Alex Goel (Cancer Care Ontario) and Joel Francis (Canada Health Infoway). This work maps content captured using IHE's SDC Profile to a FHIR bundle. It's very cool! B)

Alex and Joel have been working on a solution to adequately capture Synoptic Surgery Reporting Data and convert it to a form that is easily transportable and interoperable. In order to prove the concept, they have been working with the College of American Pathologists (in particular Dr. Richard Moldwin) and members of the Cancer Surveillance Branch at the CDCP (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention); both of whom are members of the of the IHE Structured Data Capture Working Group.

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.