Partager :

file CCDD January release available

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3547 par Raymond Chevalier
Hello Ray,
In our knowledge base, we have detailed and standardized strength and forms for every medication sold in Canada. We are also putting the final touch to a Web service that will calculate the oral morphine equivalence for opioids prensent in a patient profile.based on DINs, quantity dispensed and treatment duration.
Raymond Chevalier
Vigilance Santé

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3541 par Beverly Knight
Hi
On the Terminology Gateway you can download
1. the entire package of CCDD files and they are available in that package in csv format. You can also save the csv as a excel format. This is the recommended option.
2. each file individually and can select which format you wish to use (excel, Jason, xml)

if anyone continues to have problems please email Cette adresse courriel est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. and I will be happy to set up some time to walk you through the download.
regards
Beverly

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3540 par Monica Hazra
Réponse de Monica Hazra sur le sujet CCDD January release available
Dear Bev,
When I download the file, it is incomprehensible. Can you help please.

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3537 par Beverly Knight
Hi Ray
thankyou for your interest in the CCDD.
The CCDD represents drugs in 3 separate but related classes /types as well as a couple of other files for specific purposes (such as special groupings). We understand that these classes align with what many knowledge based vendors provide to their customers.

The Therapeutic Moiety includes the "functional active ingredient" as opposed to the precise active ingredient and does not include the strength as you say above. Prescribers told us they needed a drug value that allows them to prescribe a medicinal product without strength to allow them to specify the strength in a separate field in a prescription message (particularly helpful when the strength they wish to prescribe is different (and perhaps increases or decreased over time) than what is available in a manufactured product.

the Non-proprietary Therapeutic Product (NTP) is the brand independent class of concepts (some folks refer to this as the generic representation). this includes the precise active ingredient(s) strength and dose form

The Manufactured Product includes the brand or trade named drug products. the concepts include the strength and dose form as well as the brand name, manufacturer and NTP.
The relationship file provides the associations for all of these concepts to each other.

I would be very happy to coordinate a call to clarify the above if that would be helpful.
Regards Beverly

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3535 par Raymond Simkus
I just had a look at the new release of the CCDD. I am not sure if I did not see it but I could not find that the dose or strength has a separate field. The full name of the medication typically includes the strength as part of the name. It is very tricky to parse out the amount or strength from the name because of the various ways that this piece of information is recorded in the name. This piece of data is important when it comes to calculating the total daily dose of that medication.

The total daily dose is of interest for many medications but is of particular interest for opioids since the College of Physicians and Surgeons require that physicians monitor the total daily dose of opioids.

Ray

il y a 6 ans 3 mois #3533 par Beverly Knight
hello
Health Canada and Canada Health Infoway are pleased to announce the January 2018 release of the Canadian Clinical Drug Data Set, available via the Terminology Gateway here; tgateway.infoway-inforoute.ca/ccdd.html?id=2.16.840.1.113883.2.20.6.1&versionid=20171218.

The Release notes can be found here; infoscribe.infoway-inforoute.ca/display/CCDD/CCDD+Files+and+Release+Notes

There are just over 460 additional concepts added within this release. (Please note, several of these new MPs added in this release do not have unique formal names based on the existing CCDD Editorial Guideline MP naming pattern. We will be looking into options for a resolution as soon as possible. If anyone wishes to receive the list of these products, please contact Cette adresse courriel est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.)

Regards
Beverly and the CCDD team

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.