Partager :

question-circle DUR engine capability

il y a 6 ans 10 mois #2792 par Monica Hazra
Réponse de Monica Hazra sur le sujet DUR engine capability-NMS
I would really like to understand how the NMS system works from a database perspective.
By understanding this, perhaps the current NMS system can be improved as we move towards PrescribeIT.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 6 ans 10 mois #2772 par Tara Blackwood
Réponse de Tara Blackwood sur le sujet DUR engine capability
do you know how much detail is provided in the alerts? drugs involved, dates, location, dispensed vs. prescribed...

il y a 6 ans 10 mois #2769 par Igor Sirkovich
Réponse de Igor Sirkovich sur le sujet DUR engine capability
Ontario Narcotics Monitoring System has a DUR engine that alerts pharmacists on duplicate dispenses (same or other pharmacy), double doctoring, etc.

il y a 6 ans 10 mois #2765 par Melva Peters
Réponse de Melva Peters sur le sujet DUR engine capability
In my experience the alert typically includes the two drugs that have caused the alert (in the case of a duplicate) and may include some additional information. I think it depends on the application that is generating the alerts as to the level of detail that is returned - for example the two drugs and perhaps their prescribe/dispense dates.

I know the DIS in SK doesn't do this - just returns the drug names and strengths and then the user looks at the provincial medication profile if more information is needed.

il y a 6 ans 10 mois #2763 par Tara Blackwood
I have a question for the group, particularly those that might be familiar with the capabilities of DUR engines. I recently had a question from a pharmacist user about increasing the detail of DUR alerts to show the scenario that triggered it more specifically. The example used was around a duplicate alert which can be returned if the same medication was dispensed previously either from the same location or a different one connected to the DIS, or if it was only logged(prescribed but not yet dispensed) from a location connected to the DIS. The information of which scenario caused the alert can be found by reviewing the patient's DIS profile but is not specifically stated in the alert itself.
Is anyone aware of a DUR engine that could return an alert that actually specifies the scenario? I'm trying to figure out if that is currently possible with the technology available.

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.