Partager :

exclamation-circle eMedRec Implementation

il y a 7 ans 3 semaines #2461 par Guy Bujold
Réponse de Guy Bujold sur le sujet eMedRec Implementation
Is there a list of available eMedRec products on the Canadian Market? How can we get such a list? and how can we add to this list of vendors?

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 7 ans 1 mois #2399 par Seema Nayani
Réponse de Seema Nayani sur le sujet eMedRec Implementation
Hi Michelle,

Happy to hear our community has been a a great resource for you!

Also, thank-you for sharing this piece of your eMedRec implementation journey! I hope to check-in with you again, as I am sure others will find your insights applicable to their work.

You raise some great points about the drug dictionary, and working with the resources you have.

In my home care practice, we have a Rapid Response Nursing Team who complete the majority of in-home MedRec. When the RNs feel the patient's medication regimen is too complex, or out of their scope, the Pharmacy Team is then engaged. We have found developing standardized processes in collecting the information and completing the MedRec very useful. And of course, education, education! The RNs really appreciate the on-going education that the pharmacists provide them, which can be 1:1 (arranging joint home visits) or in a formal training environment. Wondering if you could use this model at your site?

What has been your experience? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Seema

il y a 7 ans 1 mois #2394 par Michelle Hoffe
Réponse de Michelle Hoffe sur le sujet eMedRec Implementation
Hi Seema,

So far, we are experiencing delays on the technical side of things. Our drug dictionary had never been used with the vendor so it is taking some time trying to figure that piece out. I am currently involved in current state process mapping and some change management strategies leading up to implementation. One of our biggest challenges is that of low pharmacy resources.....therefore trying to create capacity within the RN's role (which we know from current research is not the best option for quality Med Rec). My experience has been that most facilities that have rolled out eMedRec had ++pharmacy support, which is not the case for us! So if anyone out there has primarily RN's completing Med Rec, I'd be interested in your experience!

I've connected with a few from this community! It is certainly a great resource as well all move forward.

Thanks,
Michelle

il y a 7 ans 1 mois #2387 par Seema Nayani
Hi Michelle,

Wondering how your eMedRec implementation is coming along. Would you be able to share some details of your journey so far?
Also, how has our community been able to connect you with the right people or resources?

I think we would all love to hear your insights!

Kind regards,
Seema

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2223 par Michelle Hoffe
Réponse de Michelle Hoffe sur le sujet eMedRec Implementation
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to those that have responded to my post. I have had some great conversations around implementing eMedRec with those across the country. It is great to see we are all moving forward on similar journey with implementing med rec, therefore keeping patients safe.

I would like to post a few questions on this forum, and if your organization has eMedRec implemented, then please contact me at any time to discuss. I would be very interested to hear the implementation process in your organization. Before I post the questions, I will give you an overview of where our organization is currently with implementing medrec! We are a 11 facility organization compromised of acute and long term care (or residential care as known in some parts of the country). We have Long Term Care and Mental Health services implemented in a paper based process. We are currently moving forward with implementing eMedRec in all Acute Care facilities with our accreditation survey in September 2018.

If you have implemented eMedRec, here are some questions we are interested to have answered:
1. Describe the eMedRec process/work flow on admission, transfer and discharge.
2. Who completes each step of the process? (Nurse, Pharm Tech, Pharmacist, etc.)
3. Is there any paper reports formulated from the eMedRec solution? (Such as a physician order form or discharge reports)
4. Are all patients eMedRec or a target group when initially rolled out in eMedRec?
5. Describe the training and roll out plan during implementation?
6. Were all staff trained or did you use super users initially?
7. Were physicians difficult to engage?
8. What were the lessens learned after implementation was complete?
9. Any recommendations as it relates to change management?
10. What were some of the measurements/indicators used to evaluate the eMedRec solution?

Thanks again,
Michelle
Cette adresse courriel est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2185 par Seema Nayani
Hi Michelle,

Glad to see you are getting some responses here. Thanks everyone for supporting this work!

Michelle, you can start posting your questions on the forum (either in this thread, or start a separate topic) and the community members can respond directly to you. Don't worry if you think your questions may be site specific - we can all benefit from the discussion!

Kind regards,
Seema

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.