Partager :

file The Rise Of Telemedicine In Treating Addictions

il y a 7 ans 4 mois #2000 par Monica Hazra

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 7 ans 4 mois #1997 par Seema Nayani
Hi Monica,

Glad you found the article useful, and thanks for your feedback.

Did the telemedicine model that you were involved in address addictions?

Kind regards,
Seema

il y a 7 ans 4 mois #1986 par Monica Hazra
Hello everyone,

During our first meeting I was rather surprised when it was brought to my attention that I have been the longest user of this communication platform. My impression when using INFOWAY is that it provides high level discussions/description of information systems that are to be implemented nation wide.

I'm curious about the infrastructure of drug information systems in Canada. It would be nice to see a diagram/picture. There is an article by Deloitte about Drug information systems in parts of Canada on this site. But, what about the rest of Canada ? I think this is important as we look at how opioid medications are prescribed, dispensed and then taken by individuals nation wide.

il y a 7 ans 4 mois #1983 par Monica Hazra
Hello Seema,

Thank you for sharing this article.

I have been involved in assessing the use of opioid medications in patients suffering from pain conditions who were part of WSIB. As part of an interdisciplinary team, we (physician, kinesiologist, occupational therapist, pharmacist) made recommendations to WSIB and his/her physician to manage their opioid drug therapy so as to optimize pain management. These individuals were from remote places and so consults were done using telemedicine.

In this population, the misuse of medication was also assessed. Tolerance and medication dependence to opioids and other controlled substances were assessed and recommendations were made.

While some individuals were managed using telemedicine, others required more support. Please note that it is not only the patient but the treating physician/ family who may need support as some individuals may have been on at least 1000 miliequivalents of morphine per day for 10 years or more.

Health Canada recommends 200 mcq of morphine/day.

il y a 7 ans 4 mois #1978 par Seema Nayani
Hi Everyone,

I came across this interesting article today about telemedicine and addictions treatment.

Wondering if anyone knows of any Canadian examples?
What are your thoughts on this approach to addictions treatment?

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Seema

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.