Partager :

file Opioid strategies

il y a 7 ans 6 mois #1810 par Seema Nayani
Réponse de Seema Nayani sur le sujet Opioid strategies
The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network (ODPRN) released a report yesterday titled "Opioid Use and Related Adverse Events in Ontario".

Full report: odprn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ODPRN-Opioid-Use-and-Related-Adverse-Events-Nov-2016.pdf

We were discussing how education of clinicians is an important aspect of an opioid strategy. This report is a step in the right direction - to raise awareness. What I found especially impactful, is the interactive map and "report cards" on the rates of opioid use and related adverse events. Being able to see the variations in rates in Ontario, by region, was an eye opener. This certainly hit close to home!

Interactive map: odprn.ca/rates-of-opioid-use-and-related-adverse-events-in-ontario-by-county/

Did you find any surprises when you viewed the map? Has this report motivated you to make changes in your practise?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 7 ans 6 mois #1728 par Seema Nayani
Réponse de Seema Nayani sur le sujet Opioid strategies
Hi Tara,

Thank-you for your thoughts. You've clearly outlined the challenges in this area. I also liked how you've identified the need to educate clinicians, and that seems to be the trend for some of the recent strategies (e.g. the US Surgeon General's strategy has some great fact sheets/pocket cards for clinicians). I'm a big fan of decision support tools, and when they are integrated with technology, this helps busy clinicians make better decisions that are evidence based.

I came across this Opioid Management Toolkit (I have not use this personally) which looks promising. It has some free downloads for EMR.

www.cognisantmd.com/opioid-management-toolkit/

Nice to see that the digital solutions that clinicians are needing, are starting to become available.

Kind regards,
Seema

il y a 7 ans 6 mois #1702 par Tara Blackwood
Réponse de Tara Blackwood sur le sujet Opioid strategies
it seems to me that more work needs to be done in determining the causes and risk factors for opiod addiction so that we can work on prevention. Clearly resources are needed to help those already addicted as well. one of the first steps is educating our clinical practitioners so they are better equipped to meet the challenge this presents.

il y a 7 ans 7 mois #1675 par Seema Nayani
Opioid strategies a été créé par Seema Nayani
Have you noticed the number of "opioid strategies" that are being pursued?

Ontario just released theirs:

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/opioid-addiction-suboxone-michael-parkinson-1.3803127

The US Surgeon General even has one:

turnthetiderx.org/#

What are your thoughts on these strategies? Is there something missing?
Do you have any strategies that you feel would be (or have been) effective - from a clinical or patient perspective?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Modérateurs: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.