Partager :

file URI for Canada Post 2-letter Canadian Provinces/Territories and US States

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2261 par Finnie Flores

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 7 ans 2 mois - il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2246 par Finnie Flores
I'm good with the proposed URI as well. I suppose I can go ahead and pre-adopt this? Who's submitting the request to HL7?
Dernière édition: il y a 7 ans 2 mois par Finnie Flores.

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2245 par Lloyd Mckenzie
usps.com is for the US postal service. I don't know that they define codes for Canadian jurisdictions and they certainly wouldn't be the authoritative source. Also, there's no guarantee there wouldn't be conflicts between codes they (or Canada) define eventually. A separate code system seems most appropriate.

Value sets should generally be defined in the context where they're used. I'm actually not sure why the US value set is part of the FHIR core spec - it seems something that should be part of the US Core implementation guide instead. Presumably we would define our value set in the corresponding Canadian Core implementation guide when/if we decide to create one.

If we want to create a valueset that includes the US codes as well, we'd need to figure out the scope - is there a reason to have CA + US jurisdictions and not others?

I'm fine with Igor's proposed name.

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2243 par Igor Sirkovich
Maybe hl7.org/fhir/CodeSystem/canada-post-province-and-territory-codes would be a more explicit name?

Once the code system is defined, we would be able to request to include all codes from this code system in the Jurisdiction ValueSet.

If required, we might also create a new ValueSet with all codes from this new code systems and with all codes from the USPS Two Letter Alphabetic code system.

il y a 7 ans 2 mois #2242 par Finnie Flores
Thanks Igor and Lloyd.

Could we include Canada Post somewhere in the URL so we know that the code are from Canada Post versus other code systems? What about other metadata (e.g. code system name, etc.). Do we need that too for proposal?

Should we also propose are corresponding value set?

With regards to the US state, I assume that we could use the code system URL from the existing value sets that Igor noted - i.e. www.usps.com/? Also, has FHIR defined the other metadata for this code system?

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.