Partager :

file Req to Update Client Registry Messages for Organ Donor Data

il y a 6 ans 8 mois #2988 par Randy Nonay
Hi,
Sorry I couldn't respond to this sooner - I have been OOO for most of the time since this came up :(

Just looking at the original request, I see that there is likely more information required to record donor information. Here in Alberta, we have a donor registry which collects details of donations agreed to by a person (voluntary sign up). You would also need to have the extra information (for the donations agreed to) - either the actual information, or an identifier of some sort pointing to the donor registry to link the patient with the donation information.

I think having just "Y" and "U" as possible values for the flag will not suffice - at the very least you would need a "N" for those persons that have declared the do not want to be donors to avoid incidents with surviving family members being unintentionally asked to override a persons declared wishes.

Randy

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 6 ans 9 mois #2911 par Sisira De Sliva
Hello All,

We are re-posting the “NL Organ Donor Information Requirement” as we would like to hear from the other jurisdictions whether they would need the Organ Donor Information as well.

In NL, we would like to store Organ Donor information in our client registry and then make it available to consuming systems. But there is not a placeholder or code set currently to transmit this information using HL7v3 pan-Canadian Client Registry messages. Therefore, we would like to update the pan-Canadian Client Registry messages to be able to transmit the organ donor information.
NL implemented CR message version: V02R02.0 (20071207)

NLCHI have asked Infoway to look into this requirement. So this topic has been discussed during last HL7 Community meeting (on August 1st).

Feedback from other jurisdictions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sisira (NLCHI)

il y a 6 ans 9 mois #2902 par Sisira De Sliva
Hi Jean,

Thank you for all your assistance.

Please let us know if you have more questions or need more information on donor data requirement.

My email is: Cette adresse courriel est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

Thanks,
Sisira (NLCHI).

il y a 6 ans 9 mois #2875 par Sisira De Sliva
Hi Jean,

Thank you for your quick reply and adding this to the agenda for the next HL7 Community call.

Here are the Client Registry queries/responses implemented in NL:

(1) PRPA_IN101101CA - Get Person Demographics Query
(2) PRPA_IN101102CA - Get Demographics Query Response
(3) PRPA_IN101103CA - Find Candidate Query
(4) PRPA_IN101104CA - Find Candidates Response

Message version: V02R02.0 (20071207).

Thanks,
Sisira (NLCHI).

il y a 6 ans 9 mois #2873 par Jean Duteau
Sisira,

I will add this to the agenda for the next HL7 Community call. At that time, we can discuss the requirement and perhaps review my proposed change. We'd still need to canvas the other jurisdictions to see if they would need this before it could be considered for addition to the pan-Canadian specification.

Thanks again,

Jean

il y a 6 ans 9 mois #2871 par Jean Duteau
Sisira,

As with many things V3, to express the proper semantics, this is a bigger change than you would think since the underlying Patient and Person classes do not carry a flag like this. At first glance, we'd need to add an Observation to the Person that with a code of "Organ Donor" and a Coded value.

Having said that, this might be something that you need to do in NL for yourselves. I'd like to hear from the other jurisdictions whether they would need this information as well.

Jean Duteau

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.