Quand ils ouvriront une session pour la première fois après le 31 mars 2024, tous les utilisateurs d'un compte Inforoute devront reconfirmer leur acceptation des contrats de licence et des conditions d'utilisation. En savoir plus >

Partager :

file Suggestions for the S&GWG Phase II Project Planning & Testing Approach

il y a 3 ans 9 mois - il y a 3 ans 9 mois #6029 par Andrea JCL Downey
The Fenway presentation yesterday exceeded expectations.

Given the remarks/conversation in the chat feed, I strongly recommend two additional 'best practices' for S&GWG leadership consideration, to the advice offered below:

1. If not already included in the 'grey literature' exercise, we should gather examples of 'Forms' from WG members that have been (or can be) annotated with what is working/what is not (eg absence of terms, etc), how the form is used, where it is used (in the clinical workflow), and so forth. These submissions (from across Canada) would be compared with each other and to the form presented in Fenway's deck (second half of the presentation) which I would argue, is perhaps the 'gold standard of S&G Forms'? And also,
2. We all know a picture saves a thousand words. So to that end, I respectfully suggest we engage in a value-stream (ie. workflow) mapping exercise to help everyone 'visualize' clinical/admin/HIE S&G data object workflow. I think it would help reduce churn. I have created hundreds of these kinds of diagrams over my career and have uploaded a recent example for your reference Downey, A - Sample Workflow Diagram (BBCA 2017 Mission to Tibet) for S&GWG . If Kelly/Marcie/Roz don't have the cycles/expertise to lead such an exercise, I am happy to volunteer (but need to know soon to book time into my summer schedule). It would be an inclusive exercise, open to all WG members to contribute/comment, - which may result in one main + various sub-drawings. This could be worked on quietly yet purposefully over the summer, concurrent with the existing schedule. I hope Francis/Andrea McLean/CHI see the value, and would be open to this. My 2 cents!

Andrea JCL Downey PMP
Dernière édition: il y a 3 ans 9 mois par Andrea JCL Downey. Raison: Clarification

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

il y a 3 ans 9 mois #6002 par Andrea JCL Downey
If someone on the WG could point me to the Phase II project planning document via "Link to a document" I'd be most appreciative. I couldn't see one in the Project Planning folder in my cursory scan. Thanks!

il y a 3 ans 9 mois - il y a 3 ans 9 mois #6000 par Andrea JCL Downey
I heartily recommend the S&GWG Ctte lean on the wisdom and lessons learned in the article by Grasso, C., McDowell, Michal J., Goldhammer, Hilary and Keuroghlian, Alex S. entitled Planning and implementing sexual orientation and gender identity data collection in electronic health records (Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 26(1), 2019, 66-70) for Phase II planning.

Maybe you could ask your colleagues in Boston if they would share their project plan and other assets in a KT exchange.

Where the LGBT Health Education Center questionnaire templates could be used in some of the testing the committee plans to do based on use cases (discussed last meeting). The Boston Team based their research on 20 years of trial and error. It would be a shame not to see if that intel is applicable somewhat to Canadians as well.

Happy to mentor/coach ctte members on project planning. Have tons of experience/training to share.

Fondly, Andrea
Dernière édition: il y a 3 ans 9 mois par Andrea JCL Downey. Raison: clarification

Logo d'InfoCentral

La santé numérique à votre service

Transformer les soins de santé au Canada grâce aux technologies de l'information sur la santé.