The July 2018 versions of pan-Canadian LOINC Observation Code Database (pCLOCD) and Systematized NOmenclature of MEDicine Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT®) are now available for review and implementation accessible on Terminology Gateway.
Changes to pCLOCD based on the June 2018 International release of LOINC® includes:
- 191 records with content edits in either English or French
- 115 of the content edits were Name Change types
- Added the word serogroup to the Component of approximately 100 Neisseria meningitidis terms that specify a serogroup, in order to avoid ambiguity in the nomenclature
- Updated the System for approximately 40 terms from 'Ser' or 'Plas' to 'Ser/Plas'
Links to pCLOCD documentation are on the LOINC and pCLOCD Standards page under Implementation Guidelines & Resources.
Please refer to the specific pCLOCD Release Notes. These notes are intended to accompany the release to provide further information on specific additions and changes that have been incorporated into this release.
Content highlights for the July 2018 release of SNOMED CT include:
Total number of new concepts: 6,494
- Pharmaceutical / biologic product (product): 3,053
- Clinical finding (finding): 1,203
- Procedure (procedure): 659
- Substance (substance): 537
- Body structure (body structure): 357
- Qualifier value (qualifier value): 224
- Organism (organism): 182
- Physical object, Situation with explicit context, Observable entity, Social context, Staging and scales, SNOMED CT Model Component, Record artifact, Event and Specimen hierarchies: 279
Total number of changes to improve the terminology: 32,889
In the effort to enhance the quality of the terminology, many changes were made to existing content, those changes cover changes to concept definitions, description changes, concept definition status changes from Primitive to Sufficiently Defined, inactivation of descriptions and concepts.
- Change to stated concept definition: 20,126
- Change to inferred concept definition: 27,970
- Change in concept definition status from Primitive to Sufficiently Defined: 7,997
- Description change: 10,691
- Inactivated concepts: 6,955
- Inactivated descriptions: 9,256
- Reactivated concepts: 16
- Update to the SNOMED CT to ICD-10 map and to ICD-O map
- Ongoing maintenance of the Controlled Medical Terminologies (CMT) Subsets and on the Collaboration efforts: Orphanet, Global Medical Device Nomenclature Agency (GMDNA)
- Continuation of Pharmaceutical / biologic product hierarchy redesign for the Drug model project
- Logic Profile Enhancements: The first release of the OWL reference sets
- Machine Readable Concept Model (MRCM) updates
Please refer to SNOMED CT July 2018 International Release Notes that accompany the release for further information on specific additions and changes incorporated into this release.
Requests for change to these terminology standards should be made via Infoway’s request for change management system, InfoRMS, which is accessible once you have logged into your Infoway account.
If you do not have an Infoway account, register to request an InfoCentral account and accept the appropriate license agreements.