Share this page:

file Canadian URI Registry - NamingSystem Template

3 years 8 months ago #6168 by Joel Francis
Thanks to Randy and Thomas from Alberta Health Services, who have addressed some concerns with the current NamingSystem profile. I encourage all those interested to please voice their opinions and concerns accordingly on the following:

1. Proposed extension to NamingSystem to have a contactType to align with the OID registry (Values: Responsible Body and Corresponding Entity)
2. To have NamingSystem.replacedBy element added back in R5 with cardinality 0..* Currently replacedBy has been deleted in FHIR R4
3. To amend the NamingSystem.contact to also include a slice for URLs. Currently we have two slices: phone and email
4. To change the contact.email slice to be mandatory (1...1) and have the phone as optional
5. To discuss including NamingsSystems for CodeSystems in the URI Registry

I look forward to bringing this up on the next Solution Architecture call and once again encourage input form the community on the best path forward.

Thanks,

Joel Francis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #6157 by Joel Francis
Hi All,

After some perusing and recent discussions with Alberta Health, I have taken the liberty of creating a NamingSytem template - FHIR NamingSystem Template 2020 to help use ensure consistency with the data and provided fields.

Although the description is 0...1, I think it is very helpful to have the description as it prevents confusion when deciding to use an OID or URI
I think that having a at least 1 contact with either and email or phone number will help involve the right people if clarifications are needed.

Please have a look and share your thoughts.

Thank you,

Joel Francis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.