Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Canadian URI Registry - NamingSystem Template

3 years 4 months ago #6448 by Joanie Harper
With respect to the issue that Joel reposted on October 30th:

For #1, is there a value set or code system that already exists that you want these values to be drawn from? If not, I can create a value set but would need you to provide me with the complete set of values to be included. I would also need to know the binding strength that should be used for the value set or code system.

For #2, I have created ticket (jira.hl7.org/browse/FHIR-29704) raising the issue of adding NamingSystem.replacedBy back into R5. Please watch the ticket and comment as you feel appropriate.

For #3/#4, the slice has been added for URL, the phone number has been changed to 0..1, the email has been changed to 1..1, and telecom has been changed to 1..3. See the attached screenshot.

For #5, this should be discussed further in this forum.

Once I have the information on the value set for #1, I can push an updated version of the profile to Simplifier for further review.

Best regards,
Joan Harper

ca-NamingSystem screenshot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #6393 by Joel Francis
Thank you for clarifying Thomas.

3 years 4 months ago #6392 by Thomas Zhou
Hi Joel,

Thank you for facilitating this URI NameSytem profile discussion.

Both Randy and I work for the Alberta Health Ministry, which is part of the Alberta provincial government.

Alberta Health Services (AHS) is Canada’s first and largest province-wide, fully-integrated health authority, responsible for delivering health services to nearly 4.4 million people living in Alberta, as well as to some residents of Saskatchewan, B.C., and the Northwest Territories.

We work closely with the AHS organization.

Best Regards,
Thomas Zhou

3 years 4 months ago #6391 by Joel Francis
This is a repost so the community can comment on what was discussed on the Solution Architecture Call today Oct 30th 2020:

Thanks to Randy and Thomas from Alberta Health Services, who have addressed some concerns with the current NamingSystem profile. I encourage all those interested to please voice their opinions and concerns accordingly on the following:

1. Proposed extension to NamingSystem to have a contactType to align with the OID registry (Values: Responsible Body and Corresponding Entity)
2. To have NamingSystem.replacedBy element added back in R5 with cardinality 0..* Currently replacedBy has been deleted in FHIR R4
3. To amend the NamingSystem.contact to also include a slice for URLs. Currently we have two slices: phone and email
4. To change the contact.email slice to be mandatory (1...1) and have the phone as optional
5. To discuss including NamingsSystems for CodeSystems in the URI Registry

I look forward to bringing this up on the next Solution Architecture call and once again encourage input form the community on the best path forward.

Thanks,

Joel Francis

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #6187 by Randy Nonay
Check simplifier.net/canadianuriregistry/ca-ab-health-site-id
(URI: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-site-id)

This single URI was registered by someone back when they were populating URIs into the Canadian URI registry based on existing OIDs.

The OID referenced by this URI was deprecated and replaced by 2 new oids (which now have URIs):
simplifier.net/canadianuriregistry/ca-ab-health-site-id-dsrid
(URI: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-site-id-dsrid )

and

simplifier.net/canadianuriregistry/ca-ab-health-site-id-wdfa
(URI: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-ab-health-site-id-wdfa)

So the use case exists, and will occur whenever similar issues arise (albeit, very infrequently). Similar use case where duplicate entries are registered, the one deprecated should point to the survivor. We had this issue with about 8 OIDs that were registered without consulting Alberta for things like provider license OIDs (eg. 2.16.840.1.113883.4.752).

It would be better if the "replaced by" element pointed to both the URL (on simplifier, in this case) and the URI of the superceeding URIs (and as this case shows, there can be more than one URI to replace a single existing one), rather than was a resource reference
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Randy Nonay.

3 years 8 months ago #6169 by Jean Duteau
2) They removed this because they had no use case for it. jira.hl7.org/browse/FHIR-13314?jql=%22Related%20Artifact(s)%22%20%3D%20%22NamingSystem%3A%20core%20%5BFHIR-core-NamingSystem%5D%22

You will need to clearly articulate your use case for getting it added back in.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.