Share this page:

map-pin Business Case Development work stream

6 years 8 months ago #2951 by Attila Farkas
Hi Lloyd,

Glad you had a chance to catch up. As mentioned in the July community call, we recognize that there is more to say about the FHIR business case especially with the constant evolution of its use within the community. To this end we consider this space a living space ongoing updates being welcome. The core team that worked on the content still has editorial rights and I added your account to it to. Please feel free to update the sections you deem dated with content that will help our community users. Thank you in advance.

Attila

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #2943 by Lloyd Mckenzie
Hi Atilla,

I finally had the time to read through the final document. I was surprised that it only makes reference to REST and doesn't discuss the use of the FHIR services, messaging or document paradigms. One of FHIR's strengths is that you can choose the architectural approach that fits the business need - and while REST works well for a lot of requirements, there are definitely places where the flexibility of custom services, the asynchronous and/or routed nature of messaging or the tight control over human display and data persistance provided by documents is necessary.

6 years 8 months ago #2886 by Attila Farkas
As mentioned during the July monthly community call, the Business Case development work stream is coming to an end. All collected material and input has been consolidated into a single page on InfoScribe that can be accessed under the Standards -> HL7 -> FHIR banner. A direct link to the resource is available here: FHIR Business Case .

As with most new technology growing at high speed, this space is expected to see regular updates. You can bookmark it and refer back to it as often as you need.

A big thanks to all work stream participants that collaborated to collecting the information reflected within. Special thanks to Igor and Shamil who attended most calls!!!

One item done, four to go!

6 years 10 months ago #2656 by Attila Farkas
As feared this last minute update generated minimal turnout, apologies for it, my fault. I have scheduled the next meeting for June 15 at 3pm EDT. We need to skip next week because of the eHealth Conference and an upcoming Steering Committee meeting. Please make sure to download the event into your calendars and come on the 15th. We have a lot to talk about and some decisions to make. Thanks, Attila

6 years 10 months ago #2655 by Attila Farkas
Hi everyone, once again apologies for the late notice, I had a zoom meeting scheduled but I realize that the event was not in the public event calendar. I hope you can still join in at 3pm EDT today. If we have very low numbers I will reschedule it for next week. As you know we have not had a meeting for the workstream for over a month because of the conferences at Mohawk and Madrid so it is time to resume work. Hope to see you soon. Coordinates here:
Attila Farkas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: zoom.us/j/638665810

Or iPhone one-tap (Canada Toll): +16475580588,638665810#

Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 647 558 0588 (Canada Toll)

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #2451 by Attila Farkas
Team, we have feedback from our outreach, we should reconvene tomorrow and continue to craft the message. Coordinates listed here:
event
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Attila Farkas.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.