Share this page:

file Looking for Guidance in HL7 career

3 years 1 day ago - 3 years 1 day ago #6794 by Joanie Harper
Hi RAO,

If you are interested in the technology side of informatics, then HL7 and FHIR training would be good tools to have. There is a great need for, and a big push towards, interoperability. As for careers, there are many avenues that you could pursue through hospitals, public health, health departments/ministries, health software vendors, and consulting companies. Data Analytics is also a big area in health these days.

If you do decide to do training through HL7, be sure to become an HL7 member through HL7 Canada for $50. You will save more than $50 on the training with the member pricing.

I wish you luck in your search.

Best regards,
Joan Harper
Last edit: 3 years 1 day ago by Joanie Harper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 day ago #6791 by RAO GOHAR
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if it is the right forum to ask this question but I thought it is worth trying.

I am student of Health Informatics in Vancouver and interested in pursuing my career in HL7 as a consultants/implementation engineer or any other junior starting position. Although my past experience is in sales but I am looking for career transition. I am looking to connect people who are already in the HL7 field and can guide me how to proceed further step by step. For instance, as a building block I am thinking to complete the HL7

Fundamental Course www.hl7.org/training/HL7-fundamentals.cfm?ref=nav

Being an Engineering graduate, I also have studied R & Python so I have an understanding of coding & different technology platforms.

If someone can help me, I would be highly obliged.

Thanks
RAO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.