Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Terminology Tooling Survey

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4045 by Cody Scheibner
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Cody Scheibner. Reason: can't delete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4044 by Cody Scheibner
Hello,
Alberta Health Services checking in here! We use a tool called the Laboratory Terminology Management Console (LTMC) which is based off Saskatchewan's EMC tool from around 2013 I believe (version 10?). AHS got the code before I started here so I am not 100% sure of the details but I do know that we changed the code with the help of Healthcare IT consultants from Leidos to fit AHS. I know Saskatchewan has in-house development and we have developed as well so the two solutions look quite different today!

The tool it self is a combination of:
- a database to store mapping information, message transactions, and message failures for remediation
- a front end web application which manages standards upgrades and manage mappings (add, change, inactivate)
- java code which produces standardized HL7 messages based on the messages and the mapping information in the database

There are many more details but that is the gist.
Thanks,
Cody
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Cody Scheibner.

5 years 9 months ago #4030 by Karen Kovach
Yes, we could certainly help if required, please send an email if you are interested.

Karen

5 years 9 months ago #4029 by Karen Kovach
Saskatchewan uses Enterprise Management Console (EMC) which is used for HIAL services. There is a Terminology Registry Module where the Standard and Source terms are loaded/maintained for mapping purposes. The Terminology module is integrated with our remediation module to identify new source terms as well as unmapped terms. An online CRF process has been recently upgraded to allow for easier tracking and mapping of new term or changes to existing source terms.

Karen Kovach

5 years 9 months ago #4027 by Lorie Carey
Hi Marc,

For a long time it seemed there was very little COTS (Commercial Off-the-shelf) products to choose when it came to mapping local terms to a reference terminology. In the LOINC space, there still seems to be very little because the big USA vendors already know that the free RELMA tool from Regenstrief is most widely used or clients are hiring big companies such as 3M to do their mapping. I would be interested to see your requirements for your demo.

SK has done a lot of work in tool development, first with SAMA (variations used in NB and BC as well as your province and perhaps NL, I am not sure) and since then, in their EMC tool (used in SK and AB). If you wish to further develop your requirements, I am sure Karen Kovach or someone from her team could give you their wish list!

Thanks for your contributions to stimulate conversation in this community! We are working on a response to your pCLOCD question!

Regards,

Lorie Carey

5 years 9 months ago #4022 by Marion Long
In New Brunswick we use the New Brunswick Automated Mapping Assistant (NBAMA). This tool was adopted from Saskatchewan.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.