Share this page:

file X-Post: FYI: Change to 2.16.840.1.113883.4.378 in HL7 Registry

2 years 4 months ago #7377 by Joanie Harper
I have made the changes that I detailed below.

Thanks for your feedback Randy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #7376 by Joanie Harper
I have made the changes that I detailed below.

Thanks for your feedback Randy.

2 years 4 months ago #7365 by Randy Nonay
Hi Joanie,
The reason I suggested the cross reference is that we have had indivduals asking us (Alberta) which one is which for these two OIDs.

As long as the descriptions for each are clear, then a cross reference isn't needed. :)

Thanks for the follow-up!

Randy

2 years 4 months ago #7363 by Joanie Harper
Hi Randy,

In January of 2021, we were asked by the PrescribeIT team to reactivate the subset for the Indian & Northern Affairs Canada Health number in the Terminology Gateway. This subset is based on the OID 2.16.840.1.113883.4.378 but the subset had been deactivated in April of 2019. The entry in the OID registry remained active.

In the course of addressing this request, we determined that the department Indian & Northern Affairs Canada no longer exists and we spent a significant amount of time trying to determine what the responsible body should be updated to. Unfortunately, after 9 months, we were unable to get any feedback from either Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) or Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) as to who should be the responsible body. In order to move this request forward, Infoway made the decision to become the Responsible body.

• We could change the name to Non-Insured Health Benefits Number (NIHB) for Indigenous Canadians. That would provide the clarity around domain and jurisdiction.
• We can certainly update the description adding "This was formerly called Indian and Northern Affairs Canada health card number (INACHN)”.
• I think it would be appropriate to update the assigning authority to HL7 Canada since this was registered by Canada Health Infoway, as a function of the HL7 Canada Affiliate, on behalf of the New Brunswick Department of Health.

• For the OID for the Indian Registry Status number (2.16.840.1.113883.4.635). I’m not sure why we would want to have a note on the Registry status number that points to the health card number. I don’t think that would be appropriate.

2 years 4 months ago #7359 by Randy Nonay
Hi,

I just have some concerns about the changes...

- The name doesn't imply anything about the domain/jurisdiction of the identifier.
- the assigning authority - is the New Brunswick Department of Health really the right description?
- OID Description: It needs to distinguish this OID from 2.16.840.1.113883.4.635, and probably should include a reference to it (and vice versa).

The original description was "Indian and Northern Affairs Canada health card number used in client resolution”. I'm thinking that you should probably include something to the effect of "This was formerly called Indian and Northern Affairs Canada health card number (INACHN)"

And for cross reference, something like "Governemnt of Canada Indian Registry Status number (DIAND number / INAC number) is referenced by OID 2.16.840.1.113883.4.635."

And on the 4.635 - add in a reference for health care number is under OID 2.16.840.1.113883.4.378

Just to help eliminate confusion over which is which.

Randy

2 years 4 months ago #7345 by Joanie Harper
We would like to advise the community of the following changes that were made to the OID Registry for OID 2.16.840.1.113883.4.378:

Full Name: Non-Insured Health Benefits Number (previously Indian & Northern Affairs Canada Health Number)
Description: Non-Insured Health Benefits number (NIHB) / services de santé non assurés (SSNA) used to provide health benefits to First Nations and Inuit communities in Canada
Responsible Body: Change to Infoway Standards email, address and phone number

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.