Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Participate in the HL7 Canada Election for Two New Positions

3 years 2 months ago #6563 by Ron Parker
Hi Sheridan, great to see you offering here, this is much appreciated!

Ron P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #6562 by Ron Parker
Hi Harsh, and thanks for this.

Ron P.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #6561 by Sheridan Cook
Name: Sheridan Cook
Home City: Toronto, Ontario (Halifax, NS later this year)
Employer: Gevity Consulting, Inc.

Nomination: Private Sector Representative

Qualifications & Aspirations for HL7 Canada Council:
I'm a FHIR iGuide author (US & CA), implementer, and grassroots standards leader with a background in health information exchange and citizen access service management.

Aspirations for HL7 Canada: 1) Encourage learners from diverse backgrounds to join our community, 2) Emphasize pragmatic standards governance that balances prescriptive measures with the understanding of how changes will impact point of care systems and users, and 3) Provide a framework for maturing CA specifications through formal balloting & resolution.

Involvement in HL7 (nationally & internationally):
- Co-chair of the Canadian Baseline Governance and Profiling workstreams for last two years
- Project Manager for 2019 FHIR North - Planning committee for 2020 FHIR North
- Exposure to the maturation and ballot resolution process through a variety of HL7 FHIR IGuides: (CA Baseline, Access Gateway EHR Specification, PHI Access Data Connectors, NLM Structured Data Capture, Da Vinci Coverage Requirements Discovery)
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Sheridan Cook.

3 years 2 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #6559 by Harsh Sharma
Hello, I would like to self nominate for the public sector member at large position.

Note: There is an issue while attaching the form to this forum. I have copied the content here. If required, I can forward the form to Infoway via email. Please let me know.

Name: Harsh Sharma
Home City: Calgary
Employer: Alberta Health Services

Nomination: Public Sector representative
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Harsh Sharma. Reason: Changes to Community/Stakeholder Group representation

3 years 2 months ago #6550 by Joanie Harper
Happy New Year everyone,

This is just a reminder that the nomination period for the 2021 HL7 Election begins today and closes on Jan 17th.
For details on nominations and the election process, please review earlier posts in this topic.

Best Regards,
Joanie

3 years 3 months ago #6498 by Joanie Harper
Hi Katie,

There is no reason why a graduate student cannot run for election. The only requirement that must be met is that the nominated person SHALL have paid the HL7 Canada membership fee.

Please review the document referenced in the original post for more information about the expectations of the role.

Best Regards,
Joanie

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.