Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file HL7 International Seeking Feedback on Being Implementer Focused

4 years 4 months ago #5434 by Andrea MacLean
Dear HL7 Community:

I took part in a 30-minute interview with David Pyke of HL7 International yesterday (OCt 31, 2019) in support of some work HL7 International is doing to be more implementer focused.

I did give my thoughts to David yesterday, but stressed that in my role at Infoway and HL7 Canada, I am not an implementer and could not speak for all of you and that my opinions were my own.

The questions (as I noted them) are listed below and I spoke to Ron Parker this morning and we will discuss this at the HL7 call on Tuesday Nov 5 at noon ET, so please do join us to learn more. (infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/news-events/event-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2019/11/05/3033/-/hl7-international-canada-community-call)

David is open to hearing from any implementer.

David is subscribed to InfoCentral and this forum.

So, with David’s permission to share, here are the questions as I recorded them from my meeting notes:

Q1: What is my definition of an implementer?

Q2: With the decline in HL7 paid memberships and revenue streams, what services could HL7 offer that would be of value?

Q3: Is there value in having HL7 Certified Professionals?

Q4. Is there value in HL7 setting up a referring agency for these professionals?

Q5: Tools: should HL7 be creating tools?

Q6: Product Certification (eg. EPIC): Is there value in HL7 certifying a product against their standards?

Q7: HL7 has a jobs board. Should we invest to make it like a “Monster”?

HL7 Internationals next steps:

• David is still conducting 1-1 interviews and will be collating this information into a report for the Board
o From there they will create questionnaires and go out to the implementers
• I asked if I could share this experience with our IC community and he said yes.
o David is subscribed to the HL7 Canada forum so he will be able to see the posting and he is happy to collect as much feedback as he can.

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.