Share this page:

file Agenda for 2019 April 2nd HL7 Intl Canada Community Call

5 years 2 weeks ago #4855 by Harsh Sharma
HI Thomas,
Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Harsh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago #4854 by Thomas Zhou
Hi everyone,
To share information for the gender harmony project, a draft of gender and sex data standard is posted. This draft document is an Alberta Health version. It is still a working document in progress and is not our final recommendation.

Best Regards,
Thomas

Alberta Health Gender and Sex Data Standard Draft - Dec 4, 2018

5 years 2 weeks ago #4840 by Jean Duteau
Here are my thoughts on the different sex/gender fields that we need to consider:

Administrative gender, sometimes known as gender marker
i) An indicator used on many official documents to identify a person’s gender. Examples of these documents include a driver’s license, state ID, passport, birth certificate, social security card or insurance card. Also used for patient matching and eligibility.
ii) Administrative Gender includes male, female, unknown and a code that indicates "non-binary".

Gender identity
i) A person’s innermost concept of self as man, woman, a blend of both, or neither— how individuals perceive themselves and what they call themselves. Gender identity can be the same or different from one’s sex assigned at birth.

Sex assigned at birth/birth sex
i) The sex that was assigned and recorded on the birth certificate at the time of an individual's birth.
ii) The classification of a person as male or female at birth. Infants are assigned a sex, usually based on the appearance of their external genital anatomy or chromosomes.

Clinical Sex (sometimes conflated with birth sex)
i) A classification for a person that uses chromosomal, hormonal, or some other clinical means of designating a person's sex for purposes of treatment.

5 years 2 weeks ago #4838 by Ron Parker
Hello everyone.

You can find the Agenda and Presentation deck for this call here .

This PowerPoint file contains links to other content you may wish to access.

See you on the call at 12:00 Eastern.

Ron P.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.