Share this page:

file New Root OID for EMR POS Vendor - Input Health

5 years 2 weeks ago #4846 by Joel Francis
InputHealth has been registered as follows:

OID Type 4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago #4845 by Joel Francis
Hi,

As per the community discussion yesterday, The following OID will be registered as a Type4

OID Description: Vendor OID - Type 4 Namespace OID
OID Symbolic name: inputHealth
Responsible Body & Contact Information: Input Health This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 1-888-369-3643
Proposed FHIR URI: none
To be published: HL7 OID registry

Thanks,

Joel

5 years 2 weeks ago #4827 by Vania Granese
Ok I update the form and changed the description as per your suggestion

Updated form is attached to the original post

5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #4822 by Joel Francis
Hi Vania,

Can you please flush out the OID Description.

Ex: Identifier for "Vendor Name" which is "description" in Canada. Here description can be the purpose/key functions/description of what they do.

This helps when searching to prevent any duplicate OIDs being created.

Thanks,

Joel
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Joel Francis.

5 years 3 weeks ago #4812 by Joel Francis
Hi Randy,

I can definitely see value In making vendor OIDs a type 4, however, we recently added a vendor OID as a type 3 and this has been the trend for a very long time. I even went as far as asking advise from HL7 a few weeks ago on whether "other type" would be more suited for vendors since no "type" definition comes close to assigning an OID to an entity other than a type3.

My random check of the HL7 Registry shows vendors registering OIDs as either type3, type4 or other. So there is no consistent pattern. The advice from HL7 is to use a type 3 for vendors requesting an OID.

However if there is consensus for us in Canada that going forward we only assign type 4s to vendors, we can add this to the list of non-negotiables.

Are there any concerns for breaking this trend? Does anyone have any other pros and cons?

I urge the community to share their thoughts on this matter so that we can make the right decision.

Thanks,

Joel

5 years 3 weeks ago #4810 by Vania Granese
I have update the symbolic name to inputHealth and added 'in canada' as part of the description

The attached spreadsheet in the original post has been updated

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.