Share this page:

file New Root OID for EMR POS Vendor

5 years 1 month ago #4809 by Randy Nonay
Even though the current recommendation for vendor oids is for type 3, I think type 4 is preferred as we really don't want to encourage vendors to start creating OIDs for their applications without consulting the jurisdiction(s) that they are implementing in. Otherwise, in my opinion, this will lead to a lot of duplicates (even if they aren't registered at the international level) and confusion, as well as re-work when a vendor makes an installation for a specific jurisdiction.

For example, Alberta would expect all vendor OIDs to be used within Alberta to be confirmed with our OID registry team first...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #4764 by Joel Francis
Indivica has been registered in the HL7 OID Registry (Type 3) : 2.16.840.1.113883.3.8298

5 years 1 month ago #4758 by Joel Francis
I requested Vania to have the Type changed from a Namespace (Type 4) to a Root (Type 3) as this is the recommended Type for a Vendor OID.

A duplicate for the vendor currently does not exist in the HL7 OID Registry. Search was conducted using "indivica" in the description and "indivica" as the symbolic name.

Vania, I would highly recommend that you propose a URI and seek the jurisdictional representative's advice on whether it needs to be part of the Canadian URI registry, however this is not mandatory.

If there are no comments from the community, this OID will be registered by the EOD today and details shared as a reply to this post.

Thanks,

Joel

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4750 by Vania Granese
OID Description: Vendor OID
OID Symbolic name: indivica
Responsible Body & Contact Information: Registration Manager 1 855 678 2878 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Proposed FHIR URI: none
To be published: HL7 OID registry

Identifier OID Registration Form for Indivica
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Vania Granese.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.