Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Filter "Care Composition Types" understanding

7 years 3 months ago #1891 by Joginder Madra
Hi Edith,

You are correct that the query allows one to filter for records that are associated with specified care composition types. However, there does not appear to be a way to filter only for records that *do not* have an associated care composition type.

"On the same subject, the filter "Care Composition Types" has a conformance of "Required" (on the node "careCompositionType"). If my understanding is correct, that means that we can put a nullFlavor on the filter. If we can do so, what would be the meaning of the filter with nullFlavor?"

In the prescription summary model - infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/extra/ca/mr0206-html/html/message.html?PORX_MT030040CA - one may associate a prescription with up to 100 care events. If the association is made, the care composition type must be specified. Specifying a nullFlavor on the association would likely be interpreted the same as not specifying the associationl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #1885 by Edith Laliberté
Hi,

I hope that it's the right place for this question.

I am looking for informations about the filter "Care Composition Types" in the services "C01.07 - Get Patient Drug Prescription Order Summary" (interaction PORX_IN060290CA) and "C01.021 - Get Patient Medication Summary" (interaction PORX_IN060390CA).

The definition of the filter says "Filters the records retrieved to only include those associated with the specified 'kind' of encounter, episode or care event. If unspecified, no filter is applied.". Say for example we have some records associated with a specified care event and some others without any care event. So we can use that filter to obtain all the records (with and without care event) or only those with the care event.
I was wondering if there is a way to use that filter to obtain only those without care event?

On the same subject, the filter "Care Composition Types" has a conformance of "Required" (on the node "careCompositionType"). If my understanding is correct, that means that we can put a nullFlavor on the filter. If we can do so, what would be the meaning of the filter with nullFlavor?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Edith Laliberte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.