Share this page:

file HealthcareProviderRoletype additions

7 years 5 months ago #1761 by Finnie Flores
Great! These were published early this year (CIHI requested them). They are in the Terminology Gateway tgateway.infoway-inforoute.ca/subsets.html. Here's the link to the HealthcareProviderRoleType tgateway.infoway-inforoute.ca/html/mtw.html?id=2.16.840.1.113883.2.20.3.48&versionid=20160311

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #1760 by Marguerite Foote
Yes, this works great. I didn't see these values in the most recent publication. I did search InfoRMS but obviously didn't get it right as I didn't get these back in the response. Thanks much.

7 years 5 months ago #1759 by Finnie Flores
Hi Joginder/Marguerite,

Just want to note that the following currently exist in HealthcareProviderRoleType which may meet this need:

OTA - Occupational Therapist Assistant: A health care provider who provides support to an occupational therapist to deliver occupational therapy services. They work within a supervisory relationship with an occupational therapist.

PTA - Physiotherapist Assistant: A health care provider who works under the supervision of a physiotherapist in the provision of physiotherapy services.

7 years 5 months ago #1758 by Joginder Madra
We received this request from Maguerite Foote. Please reply with any comments to this thread. Maguerite will also discuss this at next week's HL7 Community call.
___

I’ve add a requested from our stakeholder group to have the role of Personal Care Attendant and Rehabilitation Assistant (Physio/OT) add to the HEalthCareProviderRole Type value set.

I’ve provided them with the description for Health Care Aide and while the newer terminology is Personal Care Attendant they can work with this.
*NAHCA (Health Care Aide)
*A health care provider who assists nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted care facilities and other health care establishment, and usually serve elderly patients.

For the Rehabilitation Assistant (Physio/OT) I provided the following:

*PRT (Physical Rehabilitation Therapist)
*A health service provider who supports physiotherapist by applying physiotherapy treatments for rehabilitating impairments and disabilities that affect the nervous, musculoskeletal, and cardiopulmonary systems, functional limitations arising from injuries and diseases that affect muscles, joints, and bones, as well as the nervous (brain, nerves, spinal cord), respiratory (lungs), circulatory (blood vessels), and cardiac (heart) systems. Physical rehabilitation therapist (PRT) may perform needle intervention that is not considered as acupuncture. Physical rehabilitation therapist may not design an assessment plan or perform the initial evaluation however they may assist physiotherapists by executing assessment plan and continual treatment sessions.

They feel this is workable just noting that the Rehabilitation Assistant does not ‘perform needle intervention that is not considered as acupuncture’. Also this role type speaks to ‘physical rehabilitation therapist’ rather than a generic ‘Rehabilitation Therapist’ which could be used for physio and OT.

Should I make a new request for this role type similar to what is in the value set for Audiology Assistant. I think there is a difference between ‘assistant’ and ‘therapist’

*Rehabilitation Assistant (Physio/OT)
*A health care provider who works in a supporting role and under the supervision of a physiotherapist and/or occupational therapist audiologist in the delivery of rehabilitative services.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.